Thursday, February 01, 2007

using video sites to stay on top of my favorite TV shows

This past monday, I was unfortunate to find out that I could not watch one of my favorite TV series, "Heroes", on NBC's website because I'm not viewing it in America.

I'm a big believer in intellectual property rights, but how am I supposed to view my favorite TV show legally over the web, if NBC denies me the right to see it on their website. I perused through YouTube to find the new episodes; however, due to YouTube's attempt to be accepted into mainstream media, YouTube has been constantly taking down videos of copyrighted content. (Nonetheless, copyrighted content is being put up by others who haven't been blocked from the site yet.)

After talking to a fellow French fan of "Heroes," I have rediscovered my love for DailyMotion. Not only are the videos of much higher quality, but users are not hindered by the 10 minute length limit imposed by YouTube. I can watch whole episodes of "Heroes" complete with French subtitles (to help me learn French) in the comfort of my room with friends and cookies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home