Sunday, February 04, 2007

Where online can you find out about nightlife besides MySpace

Sorry that I haven't updated in a while. A lot has happened. I've been travelling within Belgium and the Netherlands since Thursday, and I've been taking tons of notes on recent developments within Europe in the social networking world (especially in music-sharing.) I will also be in Dublin this weekend. In two weeks, I will be in Berlin, Prague, and Vienna during my one-week holiday. I'll have lots of fun recording all my observations in the coming weeks.

Anyway, a lot of French (and other Europeans) do frequent MySpace in order to find the next clubbing event. Nonetheless, it seems like the most popular sites for finding clubbing events are sites that concentrate on providing this information and placing the social networking aspect as a fringe feature.

After coming out of a club late one night, someone passed me a card for a future clubbing event. On the bottom, it turns out that this club has a profile for Tilllate.com. I checked it out the next day and signed up for a profile. The site layout is very clean unlike MySpace and much easier to find clubbing and nightlife events once you decipher the language. Many basic social networking features have been implemented into this site. Members have profiles , and there is a rating system in place to rank clubs and events. You can even see how many members will be going to certain events to get a feel for what's popular. The site also offers many discounts and offers for being a member.

I will testing the site's credibility this week for my thursday night entertainment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home