Thursday, March 22, 2007

Utlimate Domain Name?

Apparently, the domain Social.com is for sale according to Mashable, a social networking blog.

It almost reminds me of an over-hyped IPO. I don't think it's that big of a deal, but the auction could give anyone an idea of how valuable social networking really is. In all honesty, I think clever domain names such as YouTube, MySpace, Facebook, and Twitter are just more fun and original pseudonyms for social networking domains versus Social.com (how mundane). Young and tech-savvy people (like me for example) are suckers for fashionable and original trends. We like new and perceptive words to describe our social networking sites rather than overused common words like social and network. Besides, if someone said "Social me" vs "Facebook me," I probably would think the person can't speak English.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home