Tuesday, February 13, 2007

youtube + nokia = love

YouTube is definitely trying to be legitimate as it is working out its copyright issues by creating partnerships with major media firms and tech companies. It was funny how someone mentioned that it would be difficult to port YouTube video to a mobile phone 6 months ago. It looks like it's turning into a reality as Nokia jumped to create a partnership with the mother-of-all video sharing sites on the web. Then again, if you have millions upon millions of users on the YouTube site at any given moment, that is lucrative marketing and advertising space.

From the looks of it, YouTube videos can be accessed (via Nokia phones) through an RSS feed, so you can keep up with all the updated content. Unfortunately, you can't browse or search for any specific video as you will have to subscribe to YouTube channels.

As an avid YouTube user (especially overseas when I need American TV), I'm actually tempted to get a Nokia phone. As the Nokia n95 looks to launch in Europe while I'm here, I hope to pick up one before I come back home. I wish I can play with all those new toys and features, but alas, I would have to pay a lot for any media/internet packages when I get back to the U.S.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home